VxRail 7.0.400 GA September 2022
This is a feature packed release! Future posts will highlight some of these features but for now here is a snippet.
VxRail 7.0.400 BOM
7.0.400 release BOM includes the following updates:
|VxRail System||7.0.400 build 27701512|
|VxRail Manager||7.0.400 build 27701512|
|VxRail Manager vCenter Plugin||188.8.131.52|
|VMware ESXi||7.0 U3g build 20328353|
|VMware vCenter Server Virtual Appliance (vCSA)||7.0 U3g build 20150588|
|VMware vSAN||7.0 U3g GA build 20328353|
Highly Critical vSAN defects RESOLVED as per: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/88870
- LCM – More efficient solution to address nodes that fail to enter maintenance mode.
- RP4VM – VxRail checks whether RP4VM will support target VxRail version.
- VxRail Dynamic nodes support NVMe over TCP.
- Customers can deploy their dynamic node clusters with locally VxRail-managed vCenter Server.
- Automating STIG rules for more secure VxRail.
- VxRail 7.0.400 expands the number of NIC ports that can be used in a base network configuration while using dynamic link aggregation. In this release, 6 and 8 NIC ports can be used.
- VxRail users will now be able to do Fully Qualified Domain Name change to the ESXi host.
- Throttle traffic between edge cluster and vCenter Server.
- Customers can now submit service request ticket on-demand from VxRail Manager UI or VxRail API.
- vVOLs Day 1 workflow option for dynamic nodes – Support for dynamic nodes with vVols as primary storage instead of just for secondary storage.
- Support for customer-managed VMware VDS on the VxRail satellite node
- Decouple VxRail Manager and VxRail Manager system version build numbering.
- One-click Self-signed Cert Update for VxRail Manager.
- Provides support for converting VxRail-managed VMware VDS to a customer-managed VMware VDS.
- Starting in VxRail 7.0.400, in addition to IP addresses, VxRail Manager will support entering the URL of an NTP pool.
- Starting in VxRail 7.0.400, the vSphere HA isolation address(es) can be input into VxRail Manager during the initial build process.
For a more comprehensive list please refer to the Release Notes!