VMware Cloud Foundation 4.5 on Dell VxRail 7.0.400 is now GA (Generally Available). The following is a list of all the components and their versions as per VMware Cloud Foundation 4.5.
Note: the BOM below can be officially referenced in the Release Notes:
VMware Cloud Foundation 4.x on Dell VxRail Release Notes
VCF 4.5 release BOM includes the following updates:
|VMware Cloud Builder||4.5 (20612863)|
|SDDC Manager||4.5 (20612863)|
|vCenter Server Appliance||7.0 Update|
|VMware NSX-T Data Center||184.108.40.206 (20541212)|
|VMware vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager||8.8.2 (20080494)|
DELL VxRail 7.0.400 release components aligned with VCF 4.5:
|VxRail Manager||7.0.400 build 27701512|
|VMware ESXi||7.0 U3g build 20328353|
|VMware vSAN||7.0 U3g build 20328353|
Some notable highlights of this VCF 4.5 release include:
- Ability to use the VxRail re-try API within SDDC Manager. The upgrade will continue from where it failed and removes the need to re-scan previously upgraded nodes. Time taken is dramatically reduced especially in large VCF instances.
- Config drift bundle application progress status indicator will be introduced. This will provide more descriptive information on progress stages.
- Proactive notification for password and certificate expiration.
- New SDDC Prechecks for License, NSX Edge Cluster Password, Failed Workflow Validation.
- UI for WFO (Workflow Optimization) will add simplicity when deploying new WLD’s enabling configuration to take place within one UI. Custom user-defined cluster names and custom user-defined VDS and port group names.
- The legacy method for deploying VxRail clusters using the VxRail Manager Deployment Wizard has been deprecated with this release.
- 15G 24 drive all-NVMe functionality with Zamora (P670N) based platforms.
- User Defined Tags – will be able to tag WLDs, Clusters and Hosts with User Defined Tags.
- SDDC Manager will allow rename of clusters through SDDC UI.
- SDDC Manager onboarding – intuitive UI guided walk-through tour of SDDC Manager UI in stages of configuration that will reduce the steep learning curve for customers.
- The Async patch tool enables customers to update VCF on VxRail components out of band.
- Users will be able to perform LCM (brownfield) / direct upgrade operation from version VCF 4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x and 4.4.x to VCF M2 (4.5).
Please refer to the following blog by Jason for a detailed overview of all the new features included with this release:
Improved management insights and integrated control in VMware Cloud Foundation 4.5 on Dell VxRail 7.0.400
Correlating VMware Cloud Foundation version with the versions of its constituent products
Announcing General Availability of VMware Cloud Foundation 4.5
VMware Cloud Foundation 4.5 on Dell EMC VxRail Release Notes
2 Comments »