VMware vRSLCM 2.0 – Delete an Environment: Quite a useful feature especially in a lab environment from where I normally operate!
As you may gather from the versions specified below, this is a VVD 4.3 environment that I am removing from within vRSLCM.
- From the ‘Home’ screen click ‘Manage Environments’.
- Click the ellipsis and chose the option to ‘Delete Environment’.
- In addition to deleting the environment from vRSLCM select ‘Delete associated VMs from vCenter server’ which performs the task of deleting all virtual machines associated with this environment from vCenter server!
- Same holds true for the Windows VMs, provided you select the fist option of course!
- Monitor progress from the requests window.
Note: for some not very well explained reason this failed mid-way through deleting all the associated VM’s, after hitting retry the task completed out 100%.