VMware Cloud Foundation 4.5.1 on Dell VxRail 7.0.450 is now GA (Generally Available). The following is a list of all the components and their versions as per VMware Cloud Foundation 4.5.1
Note: the BOM below can be officially referenced in the Release Notes:
VMware Cloud Foundation 4.x on Dell VxRail Release Notes
VCF 4.5.1 release BOM includes the following updates:
|VMware Cloud Builder||4.5.1 (21682411)|
|SDDC Manager||4.5.1 (21682411)|
|vCenter Server Appliance||7.0 Update|
|VMware NSX-T Data Center||184.108.40.206 (21487560)|
|VMware vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager||8.8.2 (20080494)|
DELL VxRail 7.0.450 release components aligned with VCF 4.5.1:
7.0.450 build 28034468
|VxRail Manager||7.0.450 build 28034467|
|VMware ESXi||7.0 U3l build 21424296|
|VMware vSAN||7.0 U3l build 21477706|
Some notable highlights of this VCF 4.5.1 On VxRail release include:
- Removal of the NFS server from SDDC Manager which fixes a critical security vulnerability.
- Postgres database updated to the latest version 13.9.
- View Nvidia GPU hardware details in VxRail Manager vCenter plugin ‘Physical View’ and VxRail API.
- Support for the capturing, displaying, and proactive Dell dial home alerting for new VxRail iDRAC system events and alarms.
- Support for the capturing, displaying, and proactive dial home alerting for new iDRAC NIC port down events and alarms.
- Support for new PowerMax 2500 and 8500 storage arrays with VxRail 14G and 15G dynamic nodes using VMFS on FC principal storage.
- VCF process improvements when installing certificates with external or third-party certificate authorities (CAs).
Please refer to the following blog by Jason for a detailed overview of all the new features included with this release:
What’s New: VMware Cloud Foundation 4.5.1 on Dell VxRail 7.0.450 Release and More!
Some Useful Links:
Leave a Reply